Some valuable information which will help your time training with us. Contents include:
- Our expectations of students
- Where students can gain assistance
- Academic processes and appeals
- How to provide feedback
- Safety and health requirements and procedures
Student online portals
Your TAFE account details are:
- Username: Your Student ID
- Default Password: TafeDDMMYYYY (where DDMMYYYY is your date of birth, e.g. Tafe25121999)
- Email Address: StudentID@tafe.wa.edu.au
- is automatically provisioned the day after you enrol
- provides access to on-campus computers, Wi-Fi, Office 365, One Drive, Blackboard and Library Research Resources listed below
- is provided on the basis of the Computer resources conditions of use.
To setup your account and enable you to recover your password, complete the steps outlined in the Secure Your Account section below.
Once your account is provisioned, please complete the setup process below to enable:
- your online password reset facility
- the One Drive mapping to H: drive on South Regional TAFE computers
- Click Next on this "Additional info required" page
- Click the "Set it up now" links as required.
- Click Finish
Your default password is TafeDDMMYYYY (where DDMMYYYY is your date of birth, e.g. Tafe25121999)
Forgotton Your Password?
Reset your password online at https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com (opens in a new tab) . Otherwise, call into the Library to reset your password.
Your password will expire every 90 days. To change your password once it has expired, either:
- From an on-campus computer, login and the computer will prompt you to change your password
- Reset your password online at https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com (opens in a new tab)
Once you’ve changed your password, ensure you change all of your devices and applications.
Change Your Password
To change your password at any time, either:
- Login to an on-campus computer, then press Ctrl-Alt-Delete and select Change Password
- Reset your password online at https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com (opens in a new tab)
Once you’ve changed your password, ensure you change all of your devices and applications that use your TAFE Account.
To protect your account from security breaches, your account will be locked out if 5 failed login attempts occur within 15 minutes. Once locked, you will need to wait for 15 minutes before your account is unlocked so you can enter a correct password. If you need to reset your password, go to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com (opens in a new tab) .
If your account is being locked out, ensure that the password is correct on all of your devices for all relevant applications including Wi-Fi.
Your password must:
- be changed at least every 90 days
- be at least 8 characters long
- not have been used previously
- not use any part of your name or username
- include characters from 3 of the following 4 character sets:
- special character (eg. . !@#$%^&*())
To ensure security of your account, it is recommended that the password you choose has:
- No names of anybody or anything associated with you (e.g. relatives, workmates, friends, pets), spelt either forward or backwards
- No numbers associated with you (e.g. vehicle license plate number, telephone number, mobile phone number, street number), spelt either forward or backwards
- No word found in an English or foreign language dictionary, spelt either forward or backwards
- No place names, spelled either forward or backwards
- No proper nouns, spelled either forward or backwards
Office 365(opens in a new tab) is provided whilst you are enrolled and includes:
One Drive File Storage
Online productivity applications, including Word Online and Excel Online
Microsoft Office for download and installation to your personal computer
To sign in, click Office 365(opens in a new tab) and logon using your TAFE Account
Upon completion of your studies, consider migrating to a Personal Office 365 account as your TAFE Office 365 account will close 3 months after your enrolment ceases. For questions and assistance, refer to Microsoft's FAQs at https://products.office.com/en-au/student/office-in-education(opens in a new tab) .
Once you have an active South Regional TAFE account, you must change your password in Office 365.
Changing your password in Office 365 is required to sync your Blackboard, Student Portal, wireless accounts and computer logins in classrooms and campus libraries.
Once this has been done, you will be able to login and view your enrolment information via the Student Portal: Login Here (opens in a new tab)
View and download the guide Finding your Way Around the Student Study Portal (529 KB) (PDF document).
Student Introduction to Study
You can view information including: campus orientations and maps, blackboard help sheets, student handbook and more at the Student Introduction to Study at South Regional TAFE
The link below will take you to the Blackboard Login page. If you have never logged in before see the instructions on setting up your Blackboard Login under the Blackboard tab of this page. If you have already used Blackboard use your normal Blackboard login and password.
Click here to go to the Student Introduction to study at South Regional TAFE (opens in a new tab) on Blackboard.
OneDrive (part of Office 365) is used to store your files and can be accessed with your TAFE Account using either:
- a web browser by signing into Office 365(opens in a new tab) and selecting OneDrive
- the OneDrive desktop icon from an on-campus computer
- the OneDrive mobile app
- the H: drive of an SRTAFE on-campus computer (the H: drive will only appear on an on-campus computer after completing the steps in the Secure Your Account section above)
South Regional TAFE uses Blackboard as its online learning platform. Blackboard is the Department of Training and Workplace Development/TAFEWA online learning platform of choice.
When you confirm your enrolment with South Regional TAFE, our systems will automatically generate a Blackboard and an Office 365 account for you. This account should be available within approximately 24 hours of your confirmed enrolment.
You can also find log in information in the Online Study Guide – Introduction to Blackboard handbook (3 MB) (PDF document).
***Prior to logging into Blackboard, please complete the steps in the Secure your Account section above to ensure you secure ongoing access to your TAFE Account.
You can watch the Student Login to Blackboard video for more information.
- You MUST set up your Office 365 account. Your Office 365 account will sync all the other programs including Blackboard and Email. It is in Office 365 that you can change your password for your TAFE accounts (because they are synced they will all use the same password)
- Your login for Office 365 will be your student email i.e.: StudentID@tafe.wa.edu.au
- Your default password will be TafeDDMMYYYY (where DDMMYYYY is your date of birth, e.g. Tafe25121999)
For more information, see YOUR TAFE ACCOUNT, SECURE YOUR ACCOUNT, and PASSWORD HELP in the above dropdowns.
- For the best result, Blackboard needs to be opened in the Chrome browser, or Safari if you are using an Apple device
- Internet Explorer does not currently support Blackboard and even though it will open the program, it will not function properly
- Always LOG OUT of Blackboard – closing the internet, or letting it time out, can cause issues the next time you try to log in, and may cause Password Lockout.
To protect your account from security breaches, your account will be locked out if five failed login attempts occur within 15 minutes. Once it is locked, you will need to wait for at least 15 minutes before your account is unlocked so you can enter a correct password. Unfortunately, this may not work if you have not logged out of a previous session.
Remember: If your account is locked, all your devices using your TAFE account, including applications and Wi-Fi, will be affected. Once you’ve changed your password, ensure you change your password on all of the applications that use your TAFE Account.
Are you having problems logging into Blackboard using the Blackboard mobile app?
Please ensure you have done the recent updates to this app and try again. If you are still encountering issues, please email email@example.com.
Any system-generated emails, including Blackboard and our enrolment system, will default to your student email. You will need to check your student email regularly or set it up to forward it to your regular account. View the Guide to Email Forwarding (157 KB) (PDF document).
Student Introduction to Blackboard
On your My Organisation Dashboard you will also have access to the Student Introduction to Blackboard area which contains information, student help-sheets for Blackboard, events, troubleshooting tips, the student handbook and other resources
If you are still experiencing problems and need assistance logging into Blackboard, please contact Blackboard Enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Microsoft Azure Dev Tools for Teaching provides access to Microsoft software, tools and services and is available to SRTAFE students enrolled in Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths units.
To download software, logon to the Education Hub(opens in a new tab) using your TAFE account.
Other related Microsoft services are also available as follows:
For more information, please refer to:
The library maintains various databases and online resources. Please go to Library Resources (opens in a new tab) to access. Should any of these services request a username and password please use your TAFE Account (opens in a new tab) unless otherwise noted.
Contact your library