Jobs and Skills Centres
Your one-stop-shop for career, training and employment services for students, employers, job seekers and the community
Are you a business, student, jobseeker or career changer looking for free advice and information on training and employment? Then look no further, visit us at one of our two South Regional TAFE Jobs and Skills Centres. If you are living in one of our regional campus locations call 13 64 64 to make an appointment so we can see you on our next regional campus visit.
Read on to see an overview of how we can help you or click the button below to go to the Jobs and Skills WA website
Employers can advertise for free. Contact your closest centre for assistance with getting your vacancies posted online.
If you're a school student or leaver, career changer or jobseeker looking to enter the workforce, you can access your nearest Jobs and Skills Centre to update or upgrade your skills, to improve your job prospects.
The Jobs and Skills Centre provides free:
- Career information and guidance
- Skills and qualification recognition information
- Training and course information
- Apprenticeship and traineeship assistance
- Help with job searching and job matching
- Culturally sensitive employment and career services for Aboriginal people
Our Jobs and Skills Centres engage with local communities and industries to help build local workforce solutions.
The following services are available to employers and businesses:
- Recruitment assistance including apprentice/trainee recruitment
- Free advertising opportunities on the JSC Jobs Board(opens in a new tab) and Aboriginal Services Jobs Board(opens in a new tab)
- Training or course information resources
- Advice on Aboriginal recruitment and retention strategies
If you are an Aboriginal person looking for training, employment or furthering your career, there is a range of services we can offer you.
We have experienced staff to help with your needs.
The Jobs and Skills Centre can help you with information about these courses available at our South Regional TAFE campuses. Needing a qualification to increase your course application eligibility? Want to enter the workforce and need to update your employability skills? Didn’t finish year 12 and want to do so for your career pathway? These courses might be the answer!
Courses you might find useful include (not limited to):
Skills for Education and Employment (SEE)
SEE provides language, literacy and numeracy training to eligible job seekers, to help you to participate more effectively in training or in the labour force.
More information about SEE eligibility can be found here(opens in a new tab) .
There are two Jobs and Skills Centres located in the South of WA, each one located at a major South Regional TAFE campus.
Click on the links below to find out more about the services available at each centre, their location and contact details.
- Bunbury (opens in a new tab) - covering the South West
- Albany (opens in a new tab) – covering the Great Southern
Click here for information about all Jobs and Skills Centres(opens in a new tab) across WA.