South Regional TAFE sincerely thanks our generous sponsors whose valuable assistance encourages participation in training for students.
Destination Australia Scholarship
Applications are now open for a Destination Australia Scholarship, giving students a chance to experience life in regional Western Australia while undertaking high quality education and training. There are 8 scholarships in total to be awarded.
If you are successful in gaining a scholarship you will receive $7,500 per semester, for the duration of the course to assist with your training costs.
South Regional TAFE is focused on providing our students with a great learning experience, with staff who are passionate about supporting students to achieve their potential.
Applications close 10am Monday 19 February 2024
Australian residents and citizens enrolled full-time in an eligible course
Eligible students that will commence full-time study in Semester 1 2024 in the Diploma of Nursing HLT54121 at the following campuses:
Students enrolled to study part-time are not eligible to apply for a scholarship.
Women in Non-Traditional Trades and Technical Occupations Scholarship
The Women in Non-Traditional Trades and Technical Occupations Scholarship offers $5,000 to assist with training costs and other associated expenses throughout training and connecting to job opportunities where possible.
Applications close 10am Monday, 19 February 2024.
The scholarship is designed to improve women’s economic participation and equality in the workforce by increasing female participation in traditionally male dominated roles such as building and construction and science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM).
Occupations where women make up less than 25% of the total workforce are considered non-traditional. Refer to the Eligible Qualifications list for qualifications eligible for this scholarship.
The qualifications are linked to occupations where women comprised less than 25% of the workforce based on the 2021 Census and are linked to STEM fields of education or the building and construction industry. In addition, there are a number of qualifications included that meet the regional skill needs, occupations in demand and labour market shortages identified by TAFE Colleges.
Please see the below list of eligible qualifications for the scholarship program. Eligible qualifications include apprenticeships, traineeships and institutional training.
- UEE30820 - Certificate III in Electrotechnology Electrician
- MEM30219 - Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade
- MEM30319 - Certificate III in Engineering - Fabrication Trade
- CPC30220 - Certificate III in Carpentry
- AUR30620 - Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- AUR31220 - Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology
- CPC32420 - Certificate III in Plumbing
- AUR31120 - Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- AUR30320 - Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology
- MSF31113 - Certificate III in Cabinet Making
- BSB41419 - Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
- CPC33020 - Certificate III in Bricklaying and Blocklaying
- AUR30420 - Certificate III in Agricultural Mechanical Technology
- CPC30620 - Certificate III in Painting and Decorating
- CPC31220 - Certificate III in Wall and Ceiling Lining
If you are planning or have already applied to commence an eligible non-traditional qualification and meet the eligibility requirements you can apply for a scholarship to assist with the costs associated with your training. $5,000 Scholarships will be available for both institutional and employment based training. Successful applicants will receive a one-off payment from the State Government upon enrolment and continuation of training past the withdrawal/census date stipulated by your TAFE College.
The funds are provided to assist with any costs associated with undertaking publicly funded training or overcoming barriers to participation. This can include items such as student fees, learning resources, mentoring, coaching, accommodation, transport, childcare, tools, work clothes, personal protective equipment, laptops/tablets, additional courses/workshops/seminars, work tickets and licenses.
Each of the five TAFE College will award 20 Scholarships per annum over four years 2024 - 2027. A total of 400 scholarships will be awarded State wide.
You will receive an automatic notification on lodgement of your application.
Applicants will be assessed on the quality of their applications with respect to how well they address the three short written response questions:
- Describe your career goals and aspirations;
- What are the main reason(s) that you are applying for the scholarship?
- If successful, what would you use the scholarship money for?
Consideration will also be given to industry spread and regional location.
To be eligible to apply for the Scholarship applicants must:
- be a person who identifies as a woman who has left school;
- be a Western Australian resident and an Australian citizen; or
- be a permanent visa holder or holder of an eligible visa sub-class as outlined in the Department’s VET Fees and Charges Policy 2023.
- commencing training in an eligible qualification (full time or part time) between 1 January and 31 December 2024;
- undertaking their course at a Western Australian TAFE College; and
- not be receiving another scholarship for their course of study.
If I have already commenced a qualification on the eligible qualifications list can I apply for a scholarship for that qualification?
No. The scholarship is only available for those who commence training in their qualification between 1 January 2024 and 31 December 2024.
No. You must have left school and be planning or already applied for a place in one of the eligible qualifications in order to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship recipients will be sent a payment claim form to complete and forward to the Colleges Finance Department. Once processed funds will be deposited in your bank account.
No, reporting will not be required.
Jack Family Charitable Trust Scholarship
Sponsored by the Jack Family Charitable Trust, this scholarship is provided to assist students in financial hardship to reach their educational goals. Students must be studying full-time at either Albany, Denmark, Mount Barker or Katanning campuses.
20 Scholarships valued at $500
Applications will open in January 2024.
Western Power Corporation Scholarship
Sponsored by Western Power, this scholarship is for students studying Certificate II in Electrotechnology at either Bunbury or Albany campuses.
14 Scholarships covering course fees
Applications will open in January 2024
Bursary for International Students
TAFE International Western Australia is currently offering bursaries of AUD$5,000 to study, work, and live in Albany or Bunbury.
Applications are now open for students starting in February or July 2024.
- AUD$5,000 bursary;
- support to find work and a place to stay in the area;
- access to potential migration pathways to extend your stay in Australia; and
- a genuine Australian life experience!
- be an international student on a subclass 500 visa;
- commence in February or July 2024;
- maintain a continuous enrolment over at least one year in a valid regional course pathway;
- maintain ongoing residency in the nominated regional location for the duration of your bursary period; and
- meet academic and English language requirements prior to commencement of each course.
Terms and Conditions for all scholarship applications:
- Scholarships are not available to South Regional TAFE employees, their immediate families or associates.
- Selection panel decisions cannot be appealed and no correspondence concerning decisions will be entered into.
- The scholarship is not transferable and is for Semester 1 2024.
- Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
- The awarding of scholarships is based on the information provided to SR TAFE. The scholarship bay be withdrawn at any stage if it is found you have provided incorrect, false or misleading information or withhold relevant information.
If you would like further information about scholarships, or potential sponsorship of a scholarship, please contact Coordinator Student Services Great Southern Jan Auld on 6371 3890.