Get ready to enrol to secure your place!
Enrolling is easy! All you have to do is follow the simple steps detailed below to secure your place.
Prior to enrolling, please read the South Regional TAFE Terms and Conditions of Enrolment (584 KB) (PDF document - opens in a new tab)
After completing the application process, you are now ready to enrol.
Our online enrolment form will take about 5-10 minutes to complete and will require you to upload the following evidence into the form.
If you need assistance completing the online enrolment form;
- email email@example.com or,
- phone: 1800 624 445 or,
- contact your nearest campus for a paper-based enrolment pack.
Click here (141 KB) (PDF document)to find a checklist and fact sheet to assist you with your enrolment process.
Required documentation and evidence
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) - here's how to get one
- Proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residency (such as a passport or birth certificate)
- Proof of name change (if applicable)
- Proof of concession (if you are eligible) - this includes any proof of age ID for persons between 15 and 24 years of age
- Proof of Western Australian residency (such as your driver's licence, passport or birth certificate)
- VISA evidence
- Please note: these documents are considered highly confidential and will be stored securely against your student record.
We encourage you to submit your evidence via our online enrolment form as soon as possible so that it can be processed, and confirmation of enrolment is completed in a timely manner.
This will give you the best chance of securing a place in your desired course.
Once we have reviewed your online enrolment form a quote will be generated and emailed to you for approval with payment options.
All actions in this step need to be completed before you start attending classes, as it can impact your use of college systems.
Please select your preferred payment option via the links provided and submit.
A direct debit payment plan is required for an intent to fee waiver until such time that fees are finalised.
Please refer to our Fees and Charges page for more information.
Once you have enrolled and paid, you will receive an email from us with information regarding the following:
- Confirmation of Enrolment
You will receive a confirmation of enrolment email from our enrolment officers along with the following attachments:
- Enrolment Confirmation
- Tax Invoice
- Payment Plan (Paysmart contract) – fortnightly instalments
- If applicable: Course Information Pack inclusive of:
- Course Timetable
- Course Requirements
- Course Flyer
- Welcome to South Regional TAFE Student Email
Once you are confirmed, you will receive an email that contains important student information and links. These are:
- Student ID
- Student Email
- How to access Student Online Accounts (Office 365, Blackboard etc)
- How to log in to Student Portal so you can access your Course Work Summary
- Parking Permit (Bunbury Campus only)
Your enrolment is only finalised once you have received a confirmation of enrolment email from our enrolment officers
Click here for some valuable information which will help your time training with us
Whether you aim to boost your skills for work or personal development, or gain the basics for securing a job, you’re sure to find training to suit you from our range of short courses and skill sets. Please view our courses here.
Please complete this online enrolment form 10 working days prior to start of your chosen course of delivery to ensure you are enrolled into the course. You can apply for your chosen skill set or short course through our online enrolment form.
Go to the Local Skill Set Enrolment Form(opens in a new tab)
Can't enrol by the cut-off date but still want to study?
Phone us on 1800 621 445 to discuss your options. While its best to get in early to guarantee a spot in your desired course, there may still be places available right through to the first two weeks of semester.