South Regional TAFE provides computing resources to assist students complete their studies and the use is a privilege.
Students are to use the resources in a responsible manner and respect the integrity of computer systems, networks and data, and the rules and regulations governing their use as detailed below.
- All use of computer resources must be directly related to your course/qualification
- You must not reveal your password to others nor use another person’s account
- Installation of any software or hardware, or changing the configuration of any equipment is prohibited
- You may not act in any way that may disrupt the use of the network or computing resources
- Seeking to gain un-authorised access to college computer systems is prohibited
- It is prohibited to use college services for malicious purpose
- The use of college services for commercial activity is prohibited
- You may not use college services to create, host or transmit material, or engage in activities that could cause offence to others
- All information accessible via the network should be assumed to be private property
- You must not use college services for any activities which contravene the laws of Australia or its states and territories, or of the destination country in the case of data being transmitted abroad
Monitoring of computer usage, including email and Internet use, is carried out regularly. South Regional TAFE reserves the right to retrieve any item/file on the computer system at any time, including email, and information accessed via the Internet.
Consequences for misuse/abuse of computing resources:
- Loss of privilege to use computing resources
- Referral to administration for discipline
- Referral to authorities for legal processing
Depending on severity, the disciplinary process may include combinations of consequences.
Some South Regional TAFE computing resources are provided using self-signed SSL Certificates which encrypt login and other personal account credentials.
In order to access these computing resources you will be required to accept these Certificates. In doing so, you accept that your use of computing resources provided my South Regional TAFE is at your own risk. Neither South Regional TAFE nor its providers will be liable for any loss, damage, cost, expense or liability arising from any claims due to your use, misuse or attempted use of any facility or service covered by this Agreement.
Students and staff are prohibited from using the TAFE college ICT network for the purpose of copyright infringement. If you are found to be repeatedly engaging in activities contrary to this policy, your ICT network access privileges may be suspended.