This qualification will provide you with skills and knowledge used in the heavy automotive vehicle servicing sector. You will learn skills in carrying out heavy vehicle servicing operations, inspecting and servicing engines, steering and suspension systems, repairing single electrical circuits, using and maintaining workplace tools and equipment. You will also learn how to apply safe work practices and apply basic automotive troubleshooting processes in the heavy automotive context.
Study modes and durations differ depending on your local campus. Please check with your local campus for more information.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is Competitive and further Entrance Requirements may apply
150 hours of work placement is mandatory for completion of this course. This will involve your attendance at a workplace/worksite during the program depending on the host employer and availability.
Work placement will need to be organised on days/times around classes.
The aim of this pre-apprenticeship is to provide learners with industry specific training to gain skills, knowledge and behaviours to enable transition into an indentured apprenticeship.
To access free career planning and job search assistance, visit the Jobs and Skills Centres page.(opens in a new tab)
- Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology (Light Vehicle Servicing Pre-apprenticeship)
- Certificate II in Automotive Servicing Technology (Heavy Vehicle Servicing Pre-apprenticeship)
- Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology
- Certificate III in Agricultural Mechanical Technology
(NB. You will need to be employed and registered as an apprentice/trainee before you can further your studies in the Automotive industry).
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Albany - Full time
|How||Pre-Apprentice - Classroom|
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2022.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2022, students born on or after 1 July 2004 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2022 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.