When you complete this course, you will be ready for a career in building design. You will have the skills and knowledge to apply your skills to diverse building design projects. You will further develop their drafting expertise and design capabilities to design, draft and document plans, specifications and documentation for buildings of all classifications, as defined in the NCC, to a maximum floor area of 2,000 m², excluding those of Type A construction.
Practice at this level is underpinned by the ability to analyse and synthesise information from a range of sources to generate design solutions. Practitioners work without supervision and may specialise in residential, commercial, public or industrial projects including new buildings and renovations.
Licensing requirements apply to building design in some states or territories.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who:
- Hold CPP40115 Certificate IV Building Design Drafting or
- CPP40121 Certificate IV Residential Drafting or
- 52757WA Certificate IV in Residential Building Drafting
Some campuses may offer this course part time. Please contact us(opens in a new tab) for more information
This timetable information is indicative only and subject to change.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Semester 1, 2024
Bunbury - Part Time
|When||Semester 1, 2024|
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2023.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2023, students born on or after 1 July 2005 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2023 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.