This qualification reflects the role of workers who provide therapeutic and program related support to allied health professionals. The worker is required to conduct therapeutic and program related activities under the guidance of an allied health professional. Supervision may be direct, indirect or remote and must occur within organisation requirements. The worker is required to identify client circumstances that need additional input from the allied health professional. The worker may be engaged to work in a specialty area or work generically across the organisation in delivery of allied health assistance services. The worker, in conjunction with the allied health professional, may have responsibility for supervising other allied health assistance workers.
Study modes and durations differ depending on your local campus. Please check with your local campus for more information.
Important COVID-19 update
Because this course includes work placement in a Group 1 or Group 2 industry according to the State Government mandatory vaccination policy, you will need to be vaccinated according to the Group 1 or Group 2 dates, or you may not be able to successfully complete the course. For more information visit the COVID-19 updates page(opens in a new tab) .
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|C Grades in Year 11 WACE General English, and OLNA; or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 11 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate II or Certificate III|
Students will be required to complete a minimum of 120 hours work placement in a range of settings. (South Regional TAFE will arrange placements for students). Students must be available for work placement as scheduled on the timetable.
Other costs in addition to course fees:
- Polo Shirt with TAFE logo: approx $40. Order directly from Barefoot Clothing Company.
- National Police Clearance: form available at post office.
- Working with Children Check( WWC): prior to commencement of work placement and employment. Please bring a form with you to your first class and your lecturer will complete with you.
Students will be required to undergo immunisation and follow-up serology for the following:
- Hepatitis B
- Measles, Mumps
- Tuberculosis screening
- MRSA Screening
- Allied Health Assistant
- Physiotherapy Assistant
- Speech Pathology Therapy Assistant
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Therapy Assistant
- Nutrition Assistant
- Podiatry Assistant
- Dietetic Assistant
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
To access free career planning and job search assistance, visit the Jobs and Skills Centres page(opens in a new tab) .
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available Semester 1 & Semester 2
Albany - Full Time, Part Time, Flexible, Online, Traineeship
|When||Available Semester 1 & Semester 2|
|How||Trainee - Workplace|
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2022.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2022, students born on or after 1 July 2004 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2022 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.