South Regional TAFE offers a series of VET Delivered to Secondary Students programs for Year 11 and 12 high school students.
Our VET Delivered to Secondary Students programs allow school students to develop industry-specific skills, develop employability skills and gain a nationally recognised VET qualification while completing their Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE). It is also a great opportunity to gain a better understanding of a specific career pathway, while learning in an adult environment with students of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
The courses in the VET Delivered to Secondary Students offers booklet have been specifically chosen to provide you with clear career pathways after high school. They will give you practical skills and an understanding of what to expect from the workplace and, once completed, may provide credits towards other nationally recognised qualifications, or lead to employment.
South Regional TAFE offers a range of courses and pre-apprenticeships as part of our VET Delivered to Secondary Students programs. Students enrolled in a VET Delivered to Secondary Students course attend one of the South Regional TAFE campuses one or two days per week.
Download a copy of the VET Delivered to Secondary Students options booklet:
- Albany Campus (3 MB) (PDF document)
- Bunbury Campus (5 MB) (PDF document)
- Busselton Campus (2 MB) (PDF document)
- Collie Campus (4 MB) (PDF document)
- Denmark Campus
- Esperance Campus
- Harvey Campus (2 MB) (PDF document)
- Katanning Campus
- Manjimup Campus (3 MB) (PDF document)
- Margaret River Campus (3 MB) (PDF document)
- Mount Barker Campus
- Narrogin Campus
- Narrogin - Agriculture Schools
Applications for study in 2023 for all courses have now closed.
Please contact your local campus to lodge an expression of interest for courses that may have places available.
Some courses may require an interview, students and VET Coordinators from each school will be advised from 26 August if this applies to the applicant.
Offers will be sent out to students from 3 October.
If you have questions regarding your application please speak with your school VET Coordinator.
* Please note that continuing students from 2022 in the same qualification/program do not need to apply online. We will liaise with your school VET Coordinator to confirm your intentions.
If you're in Year 11 or 12, the PAiS program involves attending school, completing Certificate II pre-apprenticeship training at South Regional TAFE, and completing work placements with an employer.
Graduate Year 12 with your WACE, a pre-apprenticeship in your chosen field and be a step ahead of others looking for apprenticeships.
There is no doubt employers look favourably at the candidate who already has a proven track record of study, demonstrated the capacity to apply themselves to a formal TAFE course and can understand the practices and terminology associated with the trade in question.
If you need help deciding what to do after school, talk to your school's VET Coordinator or Careers Counsellor. They can give you more information on TAFE and even put you in touch with one of our Jobs and Skills Centres(opens in a new tab) .
The Jobs and Skills Centre can also give you more information on:
- Education and training courses
- Career directions and learning options
- Career planning and decision making.
Staff at the Jobs and Skills Centre use an ongoing process to help you manage and adapt your work and learning choices to your changing circumstances and to the wider environmental conditions. It can be used for all work and learning decisions, big or small.
The South Regional TAFE Jobs and Skills Centres provide free:
- Career information and guidance
- Training and course information
- Help to choose the right training course or qualification to suit your personal, work or career goals
- Help with job searching and job matching
- Skills and qualification recognition information
- Apprenticeship and traineeship assistance
- Culturally sensitive employment and career services for Aboriginal people.
South Regional TAFE Jobs and Skills Centres are situated at our Albany and Bunbury campuses.
Please contact your School VET Coordinator directly, or contact our Course Information Services teams:
Phone (08) 6371 3070 (South West) | (08) 6371 3771 (Great Southern)