Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
This course trains novice operators in the skills required to enter the industry as a certified skid steer loader operator.
The course covers:
• Plan and prepare for skid steer loader operations
• Operate skid steer loader
• Load, carry and place materials
• Select, remove and fit attachments
• Relocate the skid steer loader
• Carry out machine operator maintenance
• Conduct housekeeping activities
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following nationally accredited units: RIIMPO318F – Conduct civil construction skid steer loader operations
• Successful students will also receive a Heavy Equipment Accreditation wallet card.
This course will be offered at these campuses: Albany, Katanning
If a campus offering this course is not featured in the menu list below or doesn’t have dates, it means they don’t have dates set right now but they are being planned. You can keep checking this page or use the enquiry form to register your interest.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
For the practical assessment you need to be in appropriate work wear and bring suggested items as listed below;
- long trousers
- long sleeved shirt
- steel capped boots
- Safety glasses
- Work gloves
- rain jacket (if required)
Participants are encouraged to bring:
• Pencil case and notebook
• Water bottle, lunch, snacks
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.