Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to operate a forklift truck safely.
Participants will learn how to operate a forklift truck by planning the work, conducting routine checks on a forklift truck, shifting loads in a safe manner and safely shut down and secure equipment after completing operations.
Industry licensing information: this course may allow students with the correct qualifications to apply for the National High Risk Licence class LF. Students must apply and pay for this licence separately with WorkSafe.
This course has basic equipment and/or PPE requirements (located under Important information)
Participants must be a minimum of 18 years of age on the date of assessment.
All students must bring to class 2 forms of ID:
- One form must have photo ID (ie Driver’s licence, Passport, Over 18 card)
- The other form can be a Medicare Card, any Utility Bill, etc. (that has your full name)
You must have sound literacy and numeracy skills
If you have language, numeracy or literacy concerns please discuss them with us PRIOR to the course commencing.
What to wear (PPE)
Participants are required to wear appropriate work wear:
- long pants
- steel capped boots
- no singlets
Lodging a High Risk Work Licence Application:
On the successful completion of this course, YOU must send the high risk work licence application form to WorkSafe within 2 months of your assessment.
Failure to send your application to WorkSafe within the 2 months will mean you will need to be reassessed at an additional cost.
This application must include:
Completed ‘WorkSafe WA Application for a Licence to Perform High Risk Work’ form
2 verified copies of identification (primary & secondary)
2 passport sized photos attached to the form
A verified copy of your statement of attainment from SRTAFE
Notice of Assessment given to you by the assessor on successful completion of your assessment and
Payment for licence fee.
Resource Fees of $50 apply to this course
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2023.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2023, students born on or after 1 July 2005 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2023 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.