This course trains novice operators in the skills required to enter the industry as a certified excavator operator.
The course covers:
• Plan and prepare for hydraulic excavator operations
• Operate hydraulic excavator
• Carry out operator maintenance
• Carry out housekeeping activities
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following nationally accredited unit RIIMPO301E Conduct hydraulic excavator operations
Successful students will also receive a Heavy Equipment Accreditation wallet card.
Adequate literacy and numeracy skills to complete the written component of the assessment. If you have language, numeracy or literacy concerns, please discuss them with us before the course starts.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
For the practical assessment you need to be in appropriate work wear and are encouraged to bring suggested items as listed below;
- long trousers
- long sleeved shirt
- steel capped boots
- Safety glasses
- Work gloves
- rain jacket (if required)
Participants are encouraged to bring:
• Pencil case and notebook
• Water bottle, lunch, snacks
The course scheduled to run on 3 to 4 August 2023 is a Women in Non-Traditional Trades Course. Please enquiry with the campus using the form below if you have any queries.
School age students
Students who would normally be attending year 12 or below in the current calendar year will be eligible to enrol at the commercial / international rate for this course.
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2023.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2023, students born on or after 1 July 2005 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2023 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.