This 2-day short course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to safely operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more).
By completing this course successfully, you will be equipped to apply for a National High-Risk Work Licence Class WP. Students must apply and pay for this license separately with WorkSafe.
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following nationally accredited unit TLILIC0005 - Licence to operate a boom-type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more) (Release 2)
This course has basic PPE requirements (located under Important information)
Adequate literacy and numeracy skills to complete the written and practical component of the assessment. If you have language, numeracy or literacy concerns, please discuss them with us before the course starts.
- participants must be a minimum of 18 years of age on the date of assessment.
- long trousers
- work shirt (Hi - Vis preferred)
- steel capped boots
SR TAFE can supply (feel free to bring your own)
- safety harness and lanyard
- safety helmet
- safety glasses
Participants are encouraged to bring:
- Pencil case and notebook
- Water bottle, lunch, snacks
Lodging a High Risk Work Licence Application:
On the successful completion of this course, YOU must send the high-risk work licence application form to WorkSafe within 2 months of your assessment.
Failure to send your application to WorkSafe within the 2 months will mean you will need to be reassessed at an additional cost.
This application must include:
Completed ‘WorkSafe WA Application for a Licence to Perform High Risk Work’ form
2 verified copies of identification (primary & secondary)
2 passport sized photos attached to the form
A verified copy of your statement of attainment from SRTAFE
Notice of Assessment given to you by the assessor on successful completion of your assessment and
Payment for licence fee.
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2022.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2022, students born on or after 1 July 2004 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2022 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.