- Aerospace, Maritime and Logistics
- Agriculture, Animals, Science and the Environment
- Building and Construction
- Business and Finance
- Creative Industries
- Education and Community Services
- Engineering and Mining
- English, Languages and Foundation Studies
- Health, Beauty and Fitness
- Hospitality, Tourism and Events
- Information Technology, Library and Digital
- Current students
- Short courses
Student ID & PASSWORD
Your Student ID is used to logon to on-campus computers and other resources outlined below such as Office 365, Student Portal, Blackboard and Moodle. All students have a new ID that commences with either Y or Z.
Your email address is StudentID@tafe.wa.edu.au.
Your first-use temporary password is TafeDDMMYYYY, where DDMMYYYY is your date of birth.
If you've forgotten your password, reset it online at https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com.
This service provides internet access only. The same rules for internet access apply as if operating a student desktop computer on campus.
Only accessible on SRTAFE campuses:
Bunbury, Busselton, Collie, Harvey, Manjimup and Margaret River
Available logon hours are 07:00 through to 21:00, 7 days per week.
Wireless network name (SSID) is SWIT-BYO
Username is STUDENT\byod
Password is Tafewifi17
Proxy configuration should be set to auto detect.
If you are experiencing issues with accessing the internet after connecting to the wireless network, you may need to enter the proxy details manually for your device. The details for the proxy configuration can be found here.
Office 365 - Email and File Storage
Office 365 is provided to all students and includes:
OneDrive online file storage
Various online applications, including Word Online and Excel Online
Microsoft Office for download and installation to your personal computer
Online password reset portal
Logon & Setup
Before using Office 365 refer to Getting Started with Office 365.
Files on OneDrive can be accessed either:
- via a web browser by logging onto Office 365 and selecting OneDrive
- using the OneDrive desktop icon on an on-campus computer
- using the H: drive of an on-campus computer
- using the OneDrive mobile app for iOS or Android
The H: drive will only appear on an on-campus computer after completing the steps in Getting Started with Office 365.
Students who studied in 2016
For students who were enrolled last year and have re-enrolled this year, you have been issued a new Office 365 account in the name of your new Student ID. Your previous Office 365 account (accessible using your old Student ID) remains accessible until 30 June 2017. Please move any data you wish to keep from this old account beforehand.
The Student Portal allows students to view and manage personal information, enrolments and results by logging on using your Student ID.
Blackboard, Moodle and other Learning Management Systems
Blackboard, Moodle (Albany, Mt Barker, Denmark, Katanning) and Moodle (Bunbury, Busselton, Harvey, Collie, Margaret River, Manjimup) are the primary learning management systems provided to access electronic content about the course you are studying.
Logon to Blackboard using your Student ID. Logon to Moodle using your Moodle Account - details are sent to your registered email address by Administration once you are enrolled in a Moodle unit.
Other learning management tools including Dental Assistant, Profile 21, LLN Robot, CDX Heavy Vehicle, CDX Light Vehicle, CDX Albany and Rural Skills Australia are managed by your lecturer. If you need access to these applications, please contact them.
The library maintains various databases and online resources listed below. Should any of these services request a username and password please use your Student ID unless otherwise noted.
- Supersearch - search the catalogue AND the databases AND the eBooks packages at the same time!
- Catalogue - search the resources held at South Regional TAFE campuses or other WA TAFE's
Training Video Collections
- Kanopy - thousands of training videos and documentaries
- Safetyhub - a range of Occupational Health and Safety videos
- Lynda.com - online video tutorials. Please contact Lynda.email@example.com to request an account or for more information about using Lynda.com in your classroom
Journal Article Databases
- Ebsco Database - a journal article database: subject areas include Automotive, Business, Computing, Education, Environment, Medical, Reference, Social Sciences
- Proquest Central - a journal article database: subject areas include Accounting, Banking, Business, Careers, Computing, Economics, Education, Finance, Health, Medical, Religion, Science and Telecommunications
- Proquest eBrary College Complete - training orientated ebook collection
- EBSCO eBooks - hundredes of ebooks on a wide range of topics
- Springer - IT and Media Design ebook Collection
- Australian Standards - on-line access to electronic Australian Standards, including a selection of ISO and IEC standards. Single license only – please logout as soon as you have finished
- NCC - Australian Building Codes Board - Online access to the National Construction Codes – building regulations by all States and Territories
- Cordell Information - Project information designed to assist individuals and businesses who put estimates together.
- Chemwatch - MSDS and Chemicals Management information
- Assignment Help LibGuide - learn necessary research skills
- Proquest Research Companion - videos on how to research and study
- APA Referencing LibGuide - how to reference and cite correctly using the APA style
- Copyright LibGuide - the basics, for students and lecturers
Nursing and Health
- Johanna Briggs Institute EBP Database - the complete JBI EBP content set available via OvidSP which spans a range of medical, nursing, and healthcare specialties and includes evidence summaries, systematic reviews, best practice guidelines, and more. A database of evidence-based practice information on different topics
- Nursing Made Incredibly Easy series - 33 ebooks you can read or download
- Anatomy TV - all the body's major systems shown in detail
- Real Time Health - videos of patient narrative communication, or patient storytelling
Literacy and Numeracy
- Living in Australia - an online ESL course (please contact your lecturer or library staff for the password)
- World Wide English - an online ESL course students (please contact your lecturer or library staff for the password)
- English for Health Professionals - an online ESL course for those wanting to study in health related fields (please contact your lecturer or library staff for the password)
- The Australian TAFE Teacher - official journal of the TAFE Division of the Australian Education Union. It provides current information for vocational education and training (VET) practitioners on educational, policy and industrial developments affecting the VET sector in Australia, with a focus on TAFE
- Australian Welding - quarterly magazine of the Welding Technology Institute of Australia, serving Australia’s welding, fabrication and manufacturing industry professionals. Our news and industry perspective is essential for working smarter, more creatively and more effectively within welding, fabrication and manufacturing. The magazine provides a medium for the publication of technical information and views on the latest processes, products and services
- AWISA - Australian Woodworking Industry Suppliers Association Magazine is published quarterly and covers business and technical issues that affect the woodworking industry, and provides members with a means of disseminating information about their products
- Outlet - newsletter of the Reece Group, which has industry and product news in the plumbing, bathrooms, irrigation, civil, heating, refrigeration, ventilation and climate solution sectors
- Weld Connect - monthly e-newsletter of the WTIA, serving Australia’s welding, fabrication and manufacturing industry professionals. Offering authoritative insight and proven ideas on global and domestic issues through a distinctly Australian perspective, Weld Connect links all facets of industry, inspires and educates
Page last updated April 10, 2017