Update - Submission date extended by two weeks to November 11, 2022
South Regional TAFE and Jobs & Skills WA invite existing and emerging local Aboriginal artists studying at TAFE to enter.
Winning artists receive up to $5000 and their artwork will be displayed in the Jobs and Skills Centre in Albany or Bunbury and proudly featured in promotional materials.
How to enter your artwork
Aboriginal students studying at South Regional TAFE can submit one original artwork based on the theme of what TAFE and your location means to you.
Submitted work can be art, artefacts or signage. See the terms and conditions below before creating your entry.
All works will be viewed and assessed by a panel of judges. Winning artists will be announced by 18 November 2022.
A total of $5000 will be awarded per centre (in Albany and Bunbury) for either one clear winner or shared between multiple talented winners.
For a chance to win, submit your artwork and entry form by 4pm on Friday, 11 November 2022
- Artists must be 15 years of age or over at time of entry.
- One work per artist may be submitted (with title). Artists are only eligible to win a maximum of one prize.
- Winning artworks will be retained by SR TAFE and featured on advertising and promotional activities for SR TAFE and the Department of Training and Workforce Development as they see fit, in whole as a photograph or in part reproduced as graphic design elements. The artist will be credited for each use where possible.
- All works will be viewed by a panel of judges, whose decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- SR TAFE staff are not eligible to enter.
- By nominating for the award, the artist warrants that, to the best of their knowledge, there is no cultural, religious or other reason that prevents the artist’s entry from being exhibited, published or reproduced.
- Two dimensional artwork must not exceed 120cm x 120cm, with minimum size 50cm x 50cm.
- All artwork must be submitted in a state that is completed, dry, and ready for installing (D-rings etc.).
- Artworks are to be submitted to South Regional TAFE Albany or Bunbury Campus by 4pm Friday, 11 November 2022.
For assistance, contact the Jobs & Skills Centre at South Regional TAFE
Pictured art by Errol Eades, 2014.
Page updated 11 October 2022.