WA has a large and vibrant hospitality industry, from bars and cafes through to world class restaurants and venues, hotels and resorts. Hospitality offers a range of both entry level jobs and career progression opportunities. The Work in Hospitality Skill Set is the ideal introduction to the industry, giving you the relevant industry skills employers are looking for.
To get you job ready, you’ll learn about areas of health and wellbeing and personal development, how to use workplace technology and business systems and responsible service of alcohol (RSA). This training also includes infection prevention and control procedures and food safety.
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following units
GATHAW101A Health and Wellbeing
GATPDV101A Personal Development 2
GATTEC101A Technology for Living
HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
This course will be offered at these campuses: Albany, Bunbury and Busselton.
If a campus offering this course is not featured in the menu list below or doesn’t have dates, it means they don’t have dates set right now but they are being planned. You can keep checking this page or use the enquiry form to register your interest.
Student who meet one or more of the following eligibility requirements will be eligible for fee free (course and resource fee) training.
- Persons aged 15—24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding school students)
- Secondary school-aged persons who are not enrolled at school.
- Persons receiving the JobSeeker or JobKeeper payment.
- Persons and dependents of persons receiving the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY.
- Persons and dependents of persons holding:
- a Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card; or
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
- Dependents of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution.
Students who do not meet one or more of the criteria listed above are able to enrol in the skill sets and pay the applicable course and resource fees in accordance with the Department of Training and Workforce Development’s current Fees and Charges Policy, available at dtwd.wa.gov.au.