This short course covers the process for safely checking, loading, starting and operating a side by side utility vehicle. Participants will learn to steer, manoeuvre, position and stop the vehicle in a smooth and controlled manner.
The course covers
- Routine checks and maintenance procedures
- Hazards and risks associated with side by side utility vehicle areas of operation
- Loading and securing side by side utility vehicle safely
- PPE associated with the safe operation and use of a side by side utility vehicle
Please note, experienced Side by Side operators may be eligible to complete the course in 1 day. Please speak with our friendly staff to see if you meet the required criteria to exit at the end of day 1. You may be required to provide evidence of your previous experience to an SR TAFE lecturer.
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following nationally accredited units:
AHCMOM216 Operate side by side utility vehicles
This course has basic PPE requirements (located under Important information)
Language literacy and numeracy requirements: Adequate literacy and numeracy skills to complete the written component of the assessment. If you have language, numeracy or literacy concerns, please discuss them with us before the course starts.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
For the practical assessment you need to be in appropriate work wear and bring suggested items as listed below;
- long trousers
- long sleeved shirt
- steel capped boots
- rain jacket (if required)
Note: A hi-vis vest can be supplied on the day if required.
Participants are encouraged to bring:
• Pencil case and notebook
• Water bottle, lunch, snacks
Non concession: $82.90
Commercial / International: $429.85
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2022.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2022, students born on or after 1 July 2004 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2022 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.