Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
The workshop provides participants with the knowledge and skills to effectively identify hazards, and assess and control risks arising from manual tasks. Recognising that the participants’ roles may only be to contribute to this process, the workshop also discusses the employer’s obligations towards involving workers in this process.
This workshop forms part of the requirements for manual tasks training as outlined in the Commission for Occupational Safety and Health Code of practice: Manual tasks (2010) It is not designed to replace practical or task specific training, but instead should be provided together with practical training.
The Code explains that after training, participants should be able to recognise manual handling risks in tasks, and in consultation, decide the best way to minimise them.
During this course you will learn and understand how to:
- Assess - the risks associated with relocating a load
- Plan - the relocation process
- Carry Out - the relocation in accordance with the planned relocation process
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following nationally accredited unit:
TLID1001 Shift Materials Safely Using Manual Handling Methods
Commercial / International: $201.60
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2023.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2023, students born on or after 1 July 2005 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2023 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.