This beginners sewing course builds on skills learnt in Introduction to Sewing Skill set, offered in Semester 1. In this course you will learn to confidently lay and cut out fabric to create simple garments using a sewing machine and overlocker. Industry standard techniques help you solve common sewing problems and build your self – confidence.
Basic workplace skills are built along the way including the development of personal, social and employability skills leading to further study at Certificate II level or to assist in finding new career directions.
On successful completion of this course you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the following nationally accredited units:
- GATENT102 Develop an enterprise concept
- GATTEC102 Apply basic digital literacy for training or workplace purposes
- MSTCL1001 Produce a simple garment-
- FSKLRG017 Identify simple strategies to respond to familiar workplace problems
- FSKLRG008 Use simple strategies for work related learning
- VU22369 Work with simple numbers and money in familiar situations
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.