This unit Maintain Indoor Plants, teaches the skills and knowledge required to maintain and care for indoor plants and is for people who wish to further their knowledge to care for their own plants, or to boost their skills to gain employment in the retail nursery industry.
- Closed in shoes (steel capped boots, not required)
- Longsleeved shirt or jumper, long pants – the class be in a covered area and does get cold
- Gardening gloves
- Something to write with.
Students are expected to be capable of lifting and carrying small loads such as bags of potting mix, plants, and be able too push a wheelbarrow and use a spade to move soil and potting mixes. Students need to have a reasonable level of fitness.
Successful completion of this unit provides you with the opportunity to have more skills to gain employment in the retail plant industry.
Non-concession = $63.60
Concession = $29.40
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2023.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2023, students born on or after 1 July 2005 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2023 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.