This introductory course builds your skills using a sewing machine to sew a variety of components and simple items. Gain confidence in threading a sewing machine and bobbin, lay and cut your fabric to sew seams, pockets, collars, insert zips and more, in a fun and friendly learning environment.
Introduction to Sewing Skill set is the first of two skill sets, followed by Make a Simple Garment Skill Set offered in Semester 2. Skills learnt in Introduction to Sewing will see you move on to creating simple garments you will be proud of.
This course is perfect for students looking to re-enter study and gain useful strategies to support your learning journey.
On successful completion of this course you will receive a Statement of Attainment for the following nationally accredited units:
- GATCOM102 Use communication for training or workplace purposes
- GATLSS102 Use learning and support strategies
- LWAPRO102 Participate in a team project
- MSTCL2023 Sew components
- FSKLRG001 Prepare to participate in a learning environment
To be advised
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2022.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2022, students born on or after 1 July 2004 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2022 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.