In the Introduction to Commercial Cookery skill set you will learn how to prepare and present simple dishes, how to use a range of food preparation equipment and about food safety. Gain real hands on industry experience with work experience in a real commercial kitchen.
- Use food preparation and equipment
- Prepare and present simple dishes
- Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- Use hygienic practices for food safety
- Participate in safe work practices
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following units
- SITXFSA001 Use hygiene practices for food safety
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- SITHKOP001 Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC002 Prepare and present simple dishes
- WP097 Pre- apprenticeship work placement coordination 2
This course will be FREE from 1 January 2023. The course fees are 100 per cent subsidised by the WA State Government.
Some eligibility conditions apply for the free training, and other fees may apply for some courses. Please see the FAQs on our Skills Ready page for further information.
This skill set is related to the Skills Ready program. Other skill sets can be found on our Courses (opens in a new tab) page, using the Refine course results>Study mode filters.
No mandatory entrance requirements.
Occupations relating to this skill set include
- Kitchen Steward
- Kitchen Hand
- Bar and Food and Beverage Servers
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.