Printing the course overview will compile details for all study options into a single file without units.
In the Introduction to Commercial Cookery skill set you will learn how to prepare and present simple dishes, how to use a range of food preparation equipment and about food safety. Gain real hands on industry experience with work experience in a real commercial kitchen.
- Use food preparation and equipment
- Prepare and present simple dishes
- Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- Use hygienic practices for food safety
- Participate in safe work practices
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following units
- SITXFSA001 Use hygiene practices for food safety
- SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
- SITHKOP001 Clean kitchen premises and equipment
- SITHCCC001 Use food preparation equipment
- SITHCCC002 Prepare and present simple dishes
- WP097 Pre- apprenticeship work placement coordination 2
No mandatory entrance requirements.
Occupations relating to this skill set include
- Kitchen Steward
- Kitchen Hand
- Bar and Food and Beverage Servers