Printing the course overview will compile the details for all availabilities into a single PDF file without the units attached. If you want to print the units out for one or multiple availabilities then select the checkboxes below.
WA has a large and vibrant hospitality industry, from bars and cafes through to world class restaurants and venues, hotels and resorts. Hospitality offers a range of both entry level jobs and career progression opportunities. If you’re keen to get back into the hospitality service industry or just get started, this skill set is for you.
You will learn responsible service of alcohol (RSA), barista skills using commercial machines, how to communicate effectively and provide quality service to customers including establishing rapport, determining and addressing their needs, and responding and managing complaints. You’ll also learn how to process cash and other payments using business technology and reconcile takings at the end of the service period or day. The skill set also includes infection control and prevention procedures and food safety.
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following units
HLTINFCOV001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
SITHFAB005 Prepare and serve espresso coffee
SITHFAB007 Serve food and beverage
SITXCCS006 Provide service to customers
SITXFIN001 Process financial transactions
SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
This course will be offered at these campuses: Albany, Bunbury, Margaret River
If a campus offering this course is not featured in the menu list below or doesn’t have dates, it means they don’t have dates set right now but they are being planned. You can keep checking this page or use the enquiry form to register your interest.
Margaret River - Fee Free option available for eligible students
Student who meet one or more of the following eligibility requirements will be eligible for fee free (course and resource fee) training.
- Persons aged 15—24 years at the time of enrolment (excluding school students)
- Secondary school-aged persons who are not enrolled at school.
- Persons receiving the JobSeeker or JobKeeper payment.
- Persons and dependents of persons receiving the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY.
- Persons and dependents of persons holding:
- a Pensioner Concession Card or Health Care Card; or
- a Repatriation Health Benefits Card issued by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.
- Dependents of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution.
Students who do not meet one or more of the criteria listed above are able to enrol in the skill sets and pay the applicable course and resource fees in accordance with the Department of Training and Workforce Development’s current Fees and Charges Policy, available at dtwd.wa.gov.au.
No mandatory entrance requirements.
Margaret River Session Times
- 8:30am - 4:30pm Mondays 2 August to Thursday 23 September 2021
- 4:00pm - 8:30pm Tuesday evenings - dates to be confirmed
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.