This food hygiene short course is for workers in the hospitality, and catering industries, including those who work in bars, restaurants, cafes, residential facilities, fast food shops, and canteens.
In this accredited course you will gain the skills for safe food handling practices for compliance with the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code.
On completion of this course you will have the skills and knowledge to work hygienically within a food business and the certification to show prospective employers your commitment to food safety.
The day will start with theory on subjects such as;
- Commonwealth, and state food safety laws, standards and codes
- How to identify food hazards
- How to report personal health issues
- How to prevent food and cross contamination
You will then go on to complete your assessment in class time, followed by your practical assessment in the kitchen or bar (depending on the campus you study at).
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following units
SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic practices for food safety
This course has basic PPE requirements (located under Important information)
LLN – Language literacy and numeracy requirements: Adequate literacy and numeracy skills to complete the written component of the assessment. If you have language, numeracy or literacy concerns, please discuss them with us before the course starts.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Participants are required to wear appropriate work wear:
• long pants
• long sleeve shirt or T shirt
• enclosed shoes (closed in, non-slip, rubber based sole preferred)
• long hair tied back and no loose jewellery or clothing
Participants are encouraged to bring:
• Pencil case and notebook
• Water bottle, lunch, snacks