Microsoft Excel is a useful and great timesaving program when used properly. This short course will give you the skills and knowledge to be able to prepare to use spreadsheets, create simple spreadsheets, produce simple charts, use and apply formulas, finalise and present spreadsheets. This is ideal for those who are new to excel but have some basic computing skills.
Throughout this course you will learn:
- How to create spreadsheets
- How to customise basic settings such as page layout, margin sizes, font settings
- How to format a spreadsheet
- How to import objects or add charts into spreadsheets
- How to print your selected parts of your spreadsheet and share with others
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following nationally accredited unit.
ICTICT105 – Operate Spreadsheet Applications
It is recommended that you either have;
- previous experience using a computer, mouse, and keyboard and some knowledge of Excel, or
- have completed the 1,2,3 computing courses at SR TAFE
If you have language, numeracy or literacy concerns, please discuss them with us before the course starts.
Participants are encouraged to bring:
• Pencil case and notebook
• USB to save your work
Tea and coffee are provided during your class break.