This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to develop spreadsheets through the use of both cloud-based and non-cloud based spreadsheet applications.
It applies to individuals employed in a range of environments who tend to be personally responsible for designing and working with spreadsheets under minimal supervision. These individuals are generally required to have intermediate knowledge and understanding of a number of spreadsheet applications
What will you learn in this course?
- follow correct ergonomic, conservation requirements and relevant organisational and statutory requirements
- design spreadsheets that address a range of data and organisational requirements
- documents that align to document purpose and appropriate to target audience
- use software functions, graphics and support materials to create spreadsheets that adhere to organisational requirements relating to style and presentation
- key elements of formatting of spreadsheets appropriate to workplace documents, including the ability to calculate:
- sum totals
- counts of values
- formulas and functions with:
- addition, subtraction, division, multiplication
- create and modify intermediate-level charts that analyse the dataset.
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following nationally accredited unit.
BSBITU314 - Design and produce spreadsheets
What will you need to know before the course?
Students should have some experience using spreadsheets to enter data, perform basic tasks e.g. help functions, simple formatting and create simple charts.
If you have language, numeracy or literacy concerns, please discuss them with us before the course starts.