The local skill set Entry into working in Agriculture has been developed to assist and address labour shortages in the agriculture sector. The training will be targeted to new local entrants to provide strength in the local workforce.
Students who complete the skill set can expect to find employment in entry level positions as a labourer. The farm labourer role may be in small to medium business or in large corporate agricultural operations. On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following nationally accredited units:
- AWCWH201 Participate in work health and safety
- AHCCHM201 Apply chemicals under supervision
- ACHMOM202 Operate tractors
- AHCMOM204 Undertake operational maintenance of machinery
- AHCCHM101 Follow basic chemical safety rules