This qualification reflects the role of skilled surveying technicians who hold advanced surveying skills and perform duties in the field involving the performance of precise measurements and setting out of structures using specialised surveying equipment. In the office they map onsite measurements and draft plans.
Surveying skills are applied in a range of industry contexts, including town planning, civil construction, mining, engineering, agriculture and defence.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|Completion of WACE General or ATAR (Minimum C Grades) or equivalent||Completion of WACE General or ATAR or equivalent (minimum C Grades)||Certificate III|
Entry points to undertake the CPP50121 Diploma of Surveying are:
CPP40216 Certificate IV in Surveying
CPP41721 Certificate IV in Surveying and Spatial Information Services (Surveying)
demonstrated relevant vocational experience, skills and knowledge commensurate with the scope of work covered in the CPP41721 Certificate IV in Surveying and Spatial Information Services (Surveying).
Suveying Technician | Spatial Science Technician | GIS Technician
Senior Technical Officer
Please note, this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations
Mine | Engineering Surveyor
Certificate IV Surveying and Spatial Information Services
Advanced Diploma of Surveying
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available Semester 1 & Semester 2
Bunbury - Traineeship
|When||Available Semester 1 & Semester 2|
|How||Traineeship - Workplace|
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2022.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2022, students born on or after 1 July 2004 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2022 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.