Following on from our popular Digital Photography Fundamentals Beginners Workshop comes our Digital Photography Fundamentals Beginners Photoshop Workshop. This course oﬀers a blend of helpful theory in easy-to-understand terms and clear demonstrations, so you can learn how to use this expansive software to enhance your photographic images. Aimed at those who already have a good working knowledge of working with computers, this course will guide you towards gaining further skills and confidence in image manipulation. Course notes are included
Topics covered in this course include:
- Getting to know Adobe Photoshop
- Understanding Panels
- Working with the Tools Panel
- Understanding the Options Bar
- Understanding Preferences
- Navigating images in Adobe Photoshop
- Understanding file formats, image size vs image resolution
- Making selections in Adobe Photoshop
- Working with Layers
- Retouching and repairing
- Reviewing your work and learning from feedback
- Saving and storing your files
This is a non-accredited short course
It is preferred that participants have completed the Digital Photography Fundamentals Beginners Workshop before enrolling in this course.
A selection of your own digital photographs to work on in class
A DSLR or mirrorless camera
Image card, image card reader or camera-to-computer cord
Charged camera batteries and charger
USB or hard drive to store your files
Your own laptop - essential
Pen and notepad
Good working knowledge of computers
Please familiarise yourself with your camera's manual prior to starting the course.
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2022.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2022, students born on or after 1 July 2004 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2022 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.