This qualification reflects the role of those who work in a range of screen and media industries, including animation, visual effects, photography, video production, lighting, sound, and content creation for social media.
They use a broad range of specialised skills and knowledge in a wide variety of contexts to solve a range of unpredictable problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources. They may provide leadership and guidance to others with limited responsibility, so are be expected to have technical skills to complete routine and non-routine tasks and functions, and communication skills to guide activities and provide technical advice.
Student who successfully complete this course can expect to learn:
- Photography skills, from beginner to advanced.
- Lighting fundamentals for photography and video.
- Video, pre-production and planning.
- Video editing, and post production.
- Working effectively in the digital media industry.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Margaret River - Full Time
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2023.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2023, students born on or after 1 July 2005 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2023 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.