This qualification reflects the role of individuals employed as nail technicians to provide manicure and pedicare services, including the application of nail art and acrylic and gel nail enhancements.
You will gain a range of well-developed technical and customer service skills where discretion and judgement is required and are responsible for their own outputs. This includes client consultation on nail care products and services. Nail technicians may also be self-employed and responsible for managing their own nail station.
Work is typically conducted in nail and beauty salons.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is Competitive and further Entrance Requirements may apply.
- Nail technician
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
To access free career planning and job search assistance, visit the Jobs and Skills Centres page(opens in a new tab) .
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Bunbury - Full Time
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2023.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2023, students born on or after 1 July 2005 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2023 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.