This qualification will provide you with the practical skills and knowledge to assist in collecting and preparing samples and to carry out, measure and record results of experiments in the physical, chemical, biological or life sciences. You will learn skills in maintaining a laboratory, routine sampling and testing, recording data, and using laboratory computing programs. You will also learn how to prepare cultures, perform sterile techniques and assist with field work.
South Regional TAFE is transitioning this qualification to the new training package in 2024. Students will be enrolled into the new units developed to meet current and future industry needs. Fees may vary for courses transitioning to the new training package.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is Competitive at selected campuses and further Entrance Requirements may apply.
Three - Four days per week
This timetable information is indicative only and subject to change.
- A4 File
- A4 notebook
- Black pens
- Pencil / Eraser
Dress Requirements / PPE
- Laboratory Coat
- Safety Glasses
- Non-slip fully enclosed liquid resistant shoes
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Semester 1, 2024
Bunbury - Full Time
|When||Semester 1, 2024|
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2023.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2023, students born on or after 1 July 2005 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2023 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.