This course will expand your knowledge and practical skills specific to heavy commercial vehicles, including steering, braking and hydraulic systems. You will learn how to carry out diagnostic procedures and undertake appropriate repairs, identifying and applying safe work practices in the heavy automotive industry (NB. You will need to be employed and registered as an apprentice/trainee before you can undertake this course). This course may also be available through Recognition of Prior Learning to eligible applicants.
This course is an apprenticeship: you must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study. To find out more regarding apprenticeships click here.
Study modes and durations differ depending on your local campus. Please check with your local campus for more information.
South Regional TAFE is transitioning this qualification to the new training package in 2022. Students will be enrolled into the new units developed to meet current and future industry needs.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who perform a broad range of tasks on a variety of heavy commercial vehicles in the automotive service and repair sector.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Bunbury - Apprenticeship
|How||Apprenticeship - Classroom|
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2022.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2022, students born on or after 1 July 2004 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2022 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.