Printing the course overview will compile details for all study options into a single file without units.
If you want to print the units out for one or multiple study options, select the appropriate checkbox.Select at least one option to generate PDF.
This is a trade qualification for carpenters in residential and commercial workplaces. It includes setting out, manufacturing, constructing, assembling, installing and repairing products made using timber and steel products.
Students wishing to undertake a Traineeship, or an Apprenticeship must be employed in a training contract by an appropriate organisation to study. To find out more regarding Traineeships and apprenticeships click here.
This qualification is either delivered as block release mode where you will be required to attend class over five consecutive days multiple times throughout your apprenticeship or day release mode where you will be required to attend class one day per week across each semester.
Notification of required attendance will be issued via callup email to the apprentice and employer.
This timetable information is indicative only and subject to change.
- A4 size two ring file, A4 size file dividers 3 x 5 tab
- A4 size loose paper with reinforced holes 1 x 100
- Basic calculator with square root function
- Writing pens red/blue
- Mechanical pencils 1 x 5mm, 1 x 7mm with spare leads
- Soft eraser x 1 Staedtler or similar
- Scale rule, scales 1:1, 1:5, 1:10, 1:100, 1:20, 1:200, 1:50, 1:500
- USB - 8GB
Dress requirements / PPE
- Enclosed steel capped safety boots - Heavy leather uppers and heavy-duty soles
- Long heavy cotton drill trousers and cotton drill shirt (long sleeves)
- Safety glasses must meet Australian Safety Standards
- Disposable earplugs, gloves and dust masks will be supplied, where required.
- Long hair must be tied-up or contained.
- Basic Building and Construction Skills 6th Edition
- Construction Skills 3rd Edition
- Site Establishment, Formwork and Framing 4th Edition
Books are available for purchase at the campus book shop found in the library.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.