When you complete the Certificate II in Plumbing (Plumbing Pre-Apprenticeship) you'll be what employers are looking for as an apprentice plumber, roof plumber, or gasfitter.
You will gain the knowledge and skills to work effectively in the construction industry, use hand and power tools, oxy-acetylene and arc weld, read plans, calculate quantities, cut and join sheet metal, work safely at heights, and workplace health and safety.
Successful completion of this qualification provides you with the opportunity to gain an apprenticeship in the plumbing and gas fitting trade. You will need to be employed and registered as an apprentice before you can commence apprenticeship training.
This course is part of the Lower fees, local skills initiative. From 1 January 2020 through to 31 December 2025 you'll only pay half the course fees, capped at $1,200; or $400 if you're aged 15—24 or eligible for a concession, plus resource fees and other fees that may apply to your course.
For more information click here
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
This course is Competitive at all campuses and additional Entrance Requirements apply.
By completing a pre-apprentice qualification graduates have an improved chance of gaining an apprenticeship.
You will need to be employed and registered as an apprentice/trainee before you can further your studies in the Plumbing industry.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Albany - Full time
|How||Pre-Apprenticeship - Classroom|
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2023.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2023, students born on or after 1 July 2005 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2023 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.