This is an entry level program for people intending to take up an apprenticeship in the cabinet/furniture making trade. You will acquire the skills and knowledge to work in the furniture-making sector of the furnishing industry. You will learn how to prepare surfaces, mix and apply stains, apply finishing material, restore furnishing items, and operate a range of furniture finishing equipment. You will also learn about occupational health and safety and communication skills.
This course is Competitive at selected campuses and further Entrance Requirements may apply.
Study modes and durations differ depending on your local campus. Please check with your local campus for more information.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Bunbury - Full Time
|How||Pre-Apprenticeship - Classroom|
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2022.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2022, students born on or after 1 July 2004 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2022 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.