When you complete this course you will be ready for a career in the carpentry and joinery trade. You will have the skills and knowledge to apply basic carpentry and joinery techniques.
Study modes and durations differ depending on your local campus. Please check with your local campus for more information.
Important COVID-19 update
Because this course includes work placement in a Group 1 or Group 2 industry according to the State Government mandatory vaccination policy, you will need to be vaccinated according to the Group 1 or Group 2 dates, or you may not be able to successfully complete the course. For more information visit the COVID-19 updates page(opens in a new tab) .
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
Entry into a carpentry and joinery trade.
Certificate III in Carpentry and Joinery (Trade qualification) or entry level for other trade qualifications in the construction field.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Available Semester 1 & Semester 2
Bunbury - Traineeship - Workplace
|When||Available Semester 1 & Semester 2|
|How||Traineeship - Workplace|
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2022.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2022, students born on or after 1 July 2004 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2022 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.