When you complete this course, you will be ready for a career in fashion. You will have the skills and knowledge in fashion design and pattern making where you will produce simple garments that can be built on with further study. It will provide an insight into the workings of the fashion industry and provide basic skills to produce simple garments.
The nationally accredited Certificate II in Applied Fashion Design and Technology is a hands-on course for fashion design assistants and beginners in the evolving fashion industry. You will learn your craft in a simulated fashion studio environment and focus on mastering the basics of design, patternmaking and sewing.
Study modes and durations differ depending on your local campus. Please check with your local campus for more information.
|School Leaver||Non-School Leaver||AQF|
|OLNA or NAPLAN 9 Band 8||C Grades in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent||Certificate I or Certificate II|
- Fashion Design Assistant
- Milliners Assistant
Please note this list should be used as a guide only as job titles and qualification requirements may vary between organisations.
To access free career planning and job search assistance, visit the Jobs and Skills Centres page(opens in a new tab) .
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.
Albany - Part Time
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2023.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2023, students born on or after 1 July 2005 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2023 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.