The Broadacre Harvest Operations Skill Set will give anyone new to the agricultural industry the skills and knowledge to safely undertake employment for harvest operations in the broadacre sector. You will gain the knowledge to safely operate a range of machinery used for harvest, for example a tractor, header, auger and chaser-bin.
This skill set is ideal for anyone wanting to enter the agricultural industry and gain employment as a farm worker during harvest. It may appeal to school leavers, career changers, or anyone wanting to update their skills according to current industry practices and equipment.
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following units
- AHCWHS301 Contribute to work health and safety processes
- AHCMOM305 Operate specialised machinery and equipment
- AHCBAC308 Undertake agricultural crop harvesting activities
This course will be FREE from 1 January 2023. The course fees are 100 per cent subsidised by the WA State Government.
Some eligibility conditions apply for the free training, and other fees may apply for some courses. Please see the FAQs on our Skills Ready page for further information.
This skill set is related to the Skills Ready program. Other skill sets can be found on our Courses (opens in a new tab) page, using the Refine course results>Study mode filters.
No mandatory entrance requirements.
This skill set will prepare you for operating a small business in a wide range of industries, whether you plan to work in an administrative role or you are running your own business.
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2023.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2023, students born on or after 1 July 2005 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2023 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.