This theory and practical workshop based course starts with the growing and roasting of the beans and leads you through the process of extracting the perfect espresso and making the complete menu of espresso drinks.
You will learn, understand and put into practice the basics of espresso coffee. Also included is coffee cultivation and processing, roasting and blending, different coffee styles, coffee bean storage, grinder setting, adjustment and milk texturing and espresso machine cleaning.
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following nationally accredited units.
SITXFSA001 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety
SITHFAB005 Prepare and Serve Espresso Coffee
The following people will be entitled to a concession rate on the half price course fees under Lower fees, local skills.
- All students aged 15-24 years
- Persons and dependents of persons holding:
- a pensioner concession card;
- a repatriation health benefits card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs; or
- a Health Care Card
- Persons and dependents of persons in receipt of the Youth Allowance, AUSTUDY or ABSTUDY
- Dependents of persons who are inmates of a custodial institution
- Secondary school-aged persons, not enrolled at school.
If you are not eligible, please see our Skill sets(opens in a new tab) page.
This course has basic PPE requirements (located under Important information)
LLN – Language literacy and numeracy requirements: Adequate literacy and numeracy skills to complete the written component of the assessment. If you have language, numeracy or literacy concerns, please discuss them with us before the course starts.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Participants are required to wear appropriate work wear:
• long pants
• long sleeve shirt or T shirt
• enclosed shoes (closed in, non-slip, rubber based sole preferred)
• long hair tied back and no loose jewellery or clothing
Participants are encouraged to bring:
• Pencil case and notebook
• Water bottle, lunch, snacks
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.