Participants will learn to safely and competently use chemicals to control pests, weeds and diseases in a range of contexts.
The course covers legislation, labelling, personal and environmental safety, pest management, application, record keeping and managing risk.
Participants will learn on a practical level how to improve their integrated pest management programmes, to better choose the right chemical for the job and to apply it more accurately. The course is designed for people who will be spraying chemicals without supervision.
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following nationally accredited units:
- AHCPMG301 – Control weeds
- AHCCHM307 – Prepare and apply chemicals to control pests, weeds and diseases
- AHCCHM304 – Transport and store chemicals
No minimum requirements
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
For the practical assessment you need to be in appropriate work wear and bring suggested items as listed below;
- long trousers
- long sleeved shirt
- enclosed shoes
- clothing to suit working in all weather
Commercial / International: To be advised
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2022.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2022, students born on or after 1 July 2004 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2022 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.