This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to manage risks associated with chemical use, and to understand your obligations in the areas of duty of care, quality assurance and environmental management.
Participants will learn on a practical level how to improve their integrated pest management programmes, to better choose the right chemical for the job and to apply it more accurately. The course is designed for people who will be spraying chemicals without supervision.
On successful completion of this course, students will receive a statement of attainment for the following nationally accredited units: AHCCHM307 Prepare and apply chemicals to control pest, weeds and diseases and AHCCHM304 Transport and store chemicals
No minimum requirements
Commercial / International: $874.70
There is a cost of $75.00 for a required AusChem Resource Manual that is purchased separately from the TAFE prior to the course, this cost includes your Auschem registration on successful completion of the course.
School age students
Students who would normally be attending year 12 or below in the current calendar year will be eligible to enrol at the commercial / international rate for this course.
This course is available to international students at commercial rate fees.
* Indicative Fee Disclaimers
Fees and charges published on our website are indicative only, and are for the entire course for students enrolling on a full-time basis in 2023.
- Fees may differ between courses delivered at different campuses due to the elective units included in the course study plan or adapting courses to meet local industry needs.
- Fees may also differ for each individual student depending on the units of study selected, prior qualifications and recognition of prior learning.
- Fees are payable at time of enrolment.
- Proof of concession must be presented to access concession rates if eligible.
- For secondary school aged persons not enrolled at school (in 2023, students born on or after 1 July 2005 who are at least 15 years old) the maximum course fee chargeable in 2023 is $420 plus the resource fees and discretionary fees.
- Concessions and Secondary School Age cap do not apply to commercial courses (such as short courses), or Foundation Programs (ESL, General Education, etc.).
- Prices quoted include resource fees, but do not include material fees such as the cost of books, uniforms, and students personal equipment.
- The course fee cap applicable to Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas only applies during the current calendar year, so fees might differ for students enrolling in semester 2.
- VET Student Loans Eligible Courses and Caps may be subject to changes implemented by the Australian Government.
- Course information and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Depending on your circumstances, payment options may include paying fees via instalments or applying for assistance because of financial hardship.
- Visit the Fees and Payment Options page for further information.
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.