This course provides you with employment options and a way to increase your earning capacity by becoming as Aqua instructor in an industry that is rich in employment opportunities!
You are required to have a reasonable level of fitness and the ability to confidently swim 25 metres.
This course is 2 days face to face (theory and practical) with additional on the job practical assessments to be completed by appropriately qualified instructors post course.
- Basic water safety rescues
- Structuring aqua sessions including: planning, modifications and variety of styles
- Music mapping
- Active practical water sessions
- Face to face tuition with access to computers
- Fundamentals of aqua exercise
- Specific population groups
- Understanding medical conditions with exercise strategies
- Instructional presentation skills
To gain the competency in the Aqua instructor’s course, you will be required to complete all practical assessments within 3 months of the 2 day course.
BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
HLTWHS001 Participate in workplace health and safety
SISCAQU002 Perform basic water rescues
SISFITT022 Instruct aquatic sessions for specific population groups
SISFITT008 Instruct water-based fitness activities
SISCAQU008 Instruct water familiarisation, buoyancy and mobility skills
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) and/or credit transfers (CT) enquiries for participants who completed previous studies are welcomed.
Please note that to be eligible for CT – the unit code MUST be exactly the same.
Full Fees: $1,139.20
Fees with Concession: $406.05
You will need to bring with you:
- Pens, paper or note book
- At least 2x towels, bathers
- Appropriate footwear (gym shoes) and fitness clothing for on deck instruction
- Plastic bags for wet clothing
- Water bottles, lunch and snacks for throughout the day
You are required to have a reasonable level of fitness and the ability to confidently swim 25 metres
Pre Requisites: No formal pre-requisites.
Unique Student Identifier (USI) number at the time of enrolment.
Current first aid and CPR certificates – or arrange training with another provider
Face to face delivery will be conducted at the South Regional TAFE, Bunbury campus (G Block) Fitness department. All practical sessions will be conducted at the South West Sports Centre (SWSC) aquatics area.
You will be required to complete and submit pre and post course work which includes:
- Participating in a minimum of 2 classes
- Preparing and planning an aqua routine
- Working side by side with industry colleagues
- Preparing and delivering a 15 minute aqua routine on pool deck to music
- Delivering 2 x 10 minute routines to aqua participants under supervision
- Completing provided theory assessments
- Demonstrate competence in water safety techniques
Study options and next steps
Click on your preferred study mode below to get started with your application or enrolment.