South Regional TAFE uses Blackboard, a secure web-based learning platform, to support the study journey.
Access to Blackboard is available from the student gateway.
Google Chrome is the preferred browser.
Sign in using your TAFE student email address (studentID@tafe.wa.edu.au) and your password (this is the same as your Microsoft 365 account).
Access to Blackboard is available 48 hours after you receive your Confirmation of Enrolment. For enrolment information click here.
Prior to accessing Blackboard your Microsoft 365 account must be activated (because it is the same username and password for Blackboard). For information on setting up your Microsoft 365 account click here.
If you have set up your Microsoft 365 account and Blackboard is still not visible, please speak with your lecturer to confirm course and content is available via Blackboard.
Yes, it is called Blackboard Learn. It can be downloaded from Google Play or the Apple App Store
- Enter South Regional TAFE as the school and continue with web login
- Sign in using your TAFE student email address (studentID@tafe.wa.edu.au) and your password (this is the same as your Microsoft 365 account)
- Depending on your device, you may need to confirm your access
- Courses will appear under the Subjects tab
- If you are experiencing technical difficulties accessing Blackboard, please update your app.
Support for the Blackboard App is available through Google Play or the Apple App Store.
While Blackboard will work on multiple browser platforms – Google Chrome is recommended.
Please speak with your lecturer.
All enrolled students have access to a course called Blackboard Help for Students, which contains troubleshooting, help guides and other tips and tricks for Blackboard Use.
Still having issues please speak with your lecturer.
Read Aloud - Read Aloud is intended for users who prefer to listen to content instead of reading, those with dyslexia or other learning disabilities, and children learning to read.
Read Aloud uses text-to-speech (TTS) technology to convert webpage text to audio. Read Aloud can read PDF, Google Docs, Google Play books, Amazon Kindle, and EPUB
Watch this YouTube video(opens in a new tab) for instructions on how to Install and use Read Aloud in Chrome
Read Aloud is already integrated in EDGE.
If you use am Apple device, it is recommended that you use VoiceOver, the following YouTube video(opens in a new tab) will assist you to access this inbuilt IOS feature
Additional Support for your Study Journey
- Student Gateway page, for access to your South Regional TAFE online study tools
- Password support
- South Regional TAFE Library Services
- For study needs support please contact DisabilityServices@srtafe.wa.edu.au