South Regional TAFE uses Blackboard as its online learning platform. Blackboard is the Department of Training and Workplace Development/TAFEWA online learning platform of choice.
When you confirm your enrolment with South Regional TAFE, our systems will automatically generate a Blackboard and an Office 365 account for you. This account should be available within approximately 24 hours of your confirmed enrolment.
You can also find log in information in the Online Study Guide – Introduction to Blackboard handbook. (2 MB) (PDF document) (2 MB) (PDF document)
***Prior to logging into Blackboard, please complete the steps in the Secure your Account section above to ensure you secure ongoing access to your TAFE Account.
You can watch the Student Login to Blackboard video for more information.
- You MUST set up your Office 365 account. Your Office 365 account will sync all the other programs including Blackboard and Email. It is in Office 365 that you can change your password for your TAFE accounts (because they are synced they will all use the same password). This process will require you to authenticate your account with at least a phone number and/or email address (not the email address linked to this account).
- Your login for Office 365 will be your student email i.e.: StudentID@tafe.wa.edu.au
- Your default password will be TafeDDMMYYYY (where DDMMYYYY is your date of birth, e.g. Tafe25121999)
For more information, see YOUR TAFE ACCOUNT, SECURE YOUR ACCOUNT, and PASSWORD HELP in the above dropdowns.
To sign in, click Blackboard(opens in a new tab) (opens in a new tab) , use your Student email address for your login and your TAFE Account password (the same one as Office 365).
To protect your account from security breaches, your account will be locked out if five failed login attempts occur within 15 minutes. Once it is locked, you will need to wait for at least 15 minutes before your account is unlocked so you can enter a correct password. Unfortunately, this may not work if you have not logged out of a previous session.
Remember: If your account is locked, all your devices using your TAFE account, including applications and Wi-Fi, will be affected. Once you’ve changed your password, ensure you change your password on all of the applications that use your TAFE Account.
It is paramount to the College that students have accessibility to learning materials. This is increasingly important when students are studying online/remotely. The following Text to Speech technologies are recommended for the current college systems, including Blackboard.
- Read Aloud - Read Aloud is intended for users who prefer to listen to content instead of reading, those with dyslexia or other learning disabilities, and children learning to read.
- Read Aloud uses text-to-speech (TTS) technology to convert webpage text to audio. Read Aloud can read PDF, Google Docs, Google Play books, Amazon Kindle, and EPUB
- Watch this YouTube for instructions on how to Install and use Read Aloud in Chrome https://youtu.be/VwWot1C4nKk
- Read Aloud is already integrated in EDGE.
- If you use am Apple device, it is recommended that you use VoiceOver, the following YouTube will assist you to access this inbuilt IOS feature https://youtu.be/oGw3xO29K44
If you have additional study needs, please contact our Disabilities Liaison Officer DisabilityServices@srtafe.wa.edu.au who may be able to assist you.
Are you having problems logging into Blackboard using the Blackboard Mobile App? Please ensure you have performed all recent updates to this app and try again. If you are still encountering issues, please email email@example.com
Any system-generated emails, including Blackboard and our enrolment system, will default to your student email. You will need to check your student email regularly or set it up to forward it to your regular account. View the Guide to Email Forwarding (157 KB) (PDF document) (157 KB) (PDF document)
If you are still experiencing problems and need assistance logging into Blackboard, please contact Blackboard Enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org