- Aerospace, Maritime and Logistics
- Agriculture, Animals, Science and the Environment
- Building and Construction
- Business and Finance
- Creative Industries
- Education and Community Services
- Engineering and Mining
- English, Languages and Foundation Studies
- Health, Beauty and Fitness
- Hospitality, Tourism and Events
- Information Technology, Library and Digital
- Current students
- Short courses
For high school students, the TAFE alternative through South Regional TAFE can allow you to gain skills that are relevant to the industry you want to find work in.
Here are five reasons to consider:
1. If you were born on or after 1 July 1998, and you’re at least 15, you could enrol in one or more courses at South Regional TAFE for just $415.
That’s hundreds of dollars less than older students pay.
2. Study in areas you’re really interested in.
If you study at TAFE, you can concentrate on the industry you want to work in – and our pathways can also get you to university!
3. Use your qualification to find a job – or stay at TAFE and study for a Certificate IV.
Next year, you’ll have a qualification to help you get a better job, or an excellent start towards further study.
4. Students who choose TAFE say they love being treated like an adult, taking responsibility for their own work and leisure time, and enjoying the amazing, modern on-campus facilities.
What’s not to like about that?
5. You can also use TAFE study to get to uni. Some Certificate IV courses can help you gain entry into uni, but if you get your diploma, you even get credit towards your degree.
So you'll finish your degree course much sooner!
Contact us to find out more about the TAFE alternative to high school.
Page last updated July 21, 2016